Friday, February 8, 2008

Where has the time gone???

Don and I drove out of Abbotsford exactly 4 weeks ago. The time just seems to disappear without all that much to show for it. To keep some record of accomplishment I am keeping track of all the books read.

Wednesday Don and I were invited to volunteer at The Golden Gate English School. This is an after school/work private english speaking school where locals go to learn english. It is our job to arrive there by 4:30 pm in the afternoon and engage them in conversation for just over an hour. I happened to be paired up with Carla, whom I learned is the youngest child of the security guard at our apartment. Don got to talk to Gilberto, who is 15 years old and whose father is a train engineer and mother is a home maker. We enjoyed it so much we plan to continue.

These pictures were taken yesterday at Stone Island. The beach is endless ..wonderful place to walk and swim. We spent the day at Lety's and had their lunch special...an entire fish with tail and all BBQ'd on a wood burning grill. It was pretty nice! Thankfully we had put on sunscreen or we would have looked as cooked as the fish!!!! Our friends Dennis and Carole are with us.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looking good guys! Four weeks, I can't decide if it did go fast or not?? This weather doesn't help I don't think!! Sounds like you are keeping busy.